The Client Support Associate provides customer-facing phone and email support for CTI products ensuring timely resolution and a high degree of customer satisfaction. The Client Support Associate will provide first-level support for less complex issues that can be resolved immediately, however, will also coordinate the escalation of more complex issues and track resolution back to the customer.
• The Client Support Associate will deliver timely and high-quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and escalate to management any patterns in support that could be a larger issue.
• Ensure that all support tasks are logged at the end of each day and that all customers are contacted within one business day of reporting an issue.
• Maintain ongoing tech support log, updating progress, tracking issue resolution and documenting results.
• Update knowledge base with process changes and recommended solutions.
• Develop an interpersonal relationship with their technical peers for the application they support and related applications in order to ensure improved collaboration and satisfaction in support.
• Work with other CTI groups, such as consultants and IT staff as appropriate to determine and resolve customer issues.
• Identify and report both software bugs and customer suggestions.
• Will obtain knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the abstract management and presentation management field.
• May be required to document customer configurations and process, as well as participate in ongoing departmental projects as directed by management.
• Train and orient other staff members as needed.
• Help Desk / Product Support – Provide first-level phone and email support for CTI products ensuring timely resolution to customer issues with a strong focus on customer service. Familiarize yourself with customer configuration options to support scheduled client activities, acting as an agent for the CTI customer providing high-quality customer service to the association customer base throughout various phases of the abstract management process.
• Ambitious and desire to help the organization to make a positive impact to help customers succeed
• Positive and customer-oriented
• Strong attention to detail skills are essential along with effective oral and written communication to internal and external audiences
• Above-average problem-solving, analytical, and listening skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment; strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus; ability to work well under pressure.
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Outlook, and Word as well as a variety of internet browsers.
• Familiarity with Web Technologies.
• Basic HTML skills
• Ability to learn and support new technologies.
• May require weekend and evening hour support coverage.
• Minimal travel required (less than 5%)
• Minimum of one-year help desk/customer support experience, preferably within a technology organization supporting web-hosted applications.
• Understanding of global association submission formats, industry standards, and guidelines, software validation concepts, and publishing best practices desirable.